My 20 questions interview in the North Devon Journal made my 6-year-old son laugh so hard, I wished they asked another 20 questions.
MY LIFE in 20 questions.
1. Childhood hero: Luke Skywalker and The Incredible Hulk.
2. Hobbies: Photography.
5. Favourite film: Saving Private Ryan, I watched this movie with my late Granddad who talked about his war time experiences throughout the whole movie, priceless.
6. Favourite TV programme: Trailer Park Boys.
7. Favourite restaurant: Noel Corston’s place in Woolacombe. I visited years ago but I’m still talking about it.
8. First job: My mum used to make me put my toys away. Then I was a paperboy in Braunton.
9. I’m very good at: Eating chocolate.
10. I’m very bad at: Stopping eating chocolate.
11. A phrase I use too often: Rather wicked!! I also find I say “Check out my website, www.JohnChapple.com” a lot. (Like what I did there?)
12. Three people (dead or alive) I’d invite for dinner: Michael Jackson, Lord Lucan and Princess Diana. Can’t imagine the value of those photographs.
13. Other than my other half, I’d like to be stranded on a desert island with: A Phase One 80 megapixel camera, a bunch of lenses, tripod, my laptop and a fast internet connection. Oh and a big boat, for when I get bored.
14. I’m embarrassed by: I was once talking to a pretty girl in a Hollywood bar. When I asked her what she did for a living, she turned and walked away. A friend pointed out that it was Yasmin Bleeth from Baywatch.
15. Proudest moment: The birth of my two sons, Radley Danger and Oliver Rascal.
16. Best things about North Devon: I love that summer is on a Wednesday. (Sorry, that’s my dad’s joke.)
17. Worst things about North Devon: Leaving it.
18. What of our country’s laws would you change: They don’t affect me, I live in California.
19. Overrated public figure: Take a drive around Hollywood, you’ll find quite a few.
20. In another life I’d like to be: Myself again, I’m having a laugh being me.